Upcoming Magic & Meaning Events
Register Now! $445
This year's special guest is George Parker! Click the "read more" link to learn more.
Hosted by the Magic & Mystery School Faculty, the Magic and Meaning Conference is an annual gathering of magicians, scholars, public speakers, professionals from many arenas, and performers of diverse arts. It is for anyone who loves magic, storytelling, the philosophy of magic, and who wants to think about magic in new ways.
Attendance is strictly limited to 80 people so we can create a friendly, interactive community of learning and performing.
Are you interested in presenting or performing at the Magic and Meaning Conference? To learn about how to submit a proposal read the Call for Presentations and Performances.
Just a bit about our Special Guest:
George Parker dedicated his life to exploring the creation process: how do we evoke and bend reality? By shapeshifting through eight wildly different careers, and consciously reinventing himself throughout his life, he researched the secrets of change. His TheCreationGame® is the result of decades of observations. He has animated his philosophy and insights in more than 4500 LectureShowsTM in over 25 countries, using storytelling, magic, mentalism, cartooning, storytelling and action-metaphors
MAGIC AND MEANING CONFERENCE
Here are a few fun facts to consider:
- You will learn Magic with Meaning: Awesome NEW magic effects, presentations, and stories to add to your shows.
- You will meet old and new friends, with great small group activities and small group training.
- You will share time with our Guest of Honor from Amsterdam: George Parker, Europe's leading corporate magician, public speaker, and change agent.
- You will see new P-E-P talks and lectures on all sorts of new areas of magical exploration.
- You will enjoy our new location for the Las Vegas Witches & Wizards Ball, featuring a stage performance, costume contest, a ”magicians only” room, and our secret hidden séance room.
- You will experience an ALL -STAR line up of unique acts for WONDERGROUND.
- You will, if you dare, experience Scott Steelfyre’s "The Ride of your Life!”—a unique immersive theater experience that is a motion ride inside of a coffin….
- You will participate in fantastic opening night magic and mystery party with Simone Marron!
Special celebrity guests, interactive mysteries, small group teaching sessions, and much, much more!!
WHY would you want to attend? Watch this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQVo4zsfWZ4
Register now to insure your space at this year’s Magic and Meaning Conference!
At the heart of the Conference are a number of 20-minute presentations from Conference attendees that we call the “PEP Talks” of magic (“Performance—Entertainment—Philosophy”). The Conference also features “Ensemble Shows” during which attendees are able to perform magic for the entire group.
The 2018 Magic and Meaning Conference will be held again at Sunset Station. Here is your reservation information from them:
Run of House
Individuals attending Conference 26 are to call the Reservations Office at (888) 786-7389, and identify themselves as attendees of Conference 26. In order to receive the room rate a credit card must be posted and will be charged one (1) night’s room and tax. A 72 hour notice is required to cancel a room without penalty. A $100.00 security deposit is required either by credit card or cash upon check-in.
WEB-LINK: http://sunsetstation.sclv.com/hotel OFFER CODE: SCICE26
(To access your group’s custom webpage: Enter your group code from above into the “Offer Code” box at the top of the webpage and click “Book Now!”) Select your date of arrival, number of nights you will be staying, the room type you need, and then click “Get Rate”.
And here is our PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Day 1: Wednesday
7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.: Opening Night Party at the House of Mystery! You may bring one guest.
Day 2: Thursday
9:00 a.m.: Arrival at the hotel meeting room and registration
9:30-12:15: Conference events and programming
12:15-1:30: Lunch break
1:30-5:00: Conference events and programming
5:00-7:00: Dinner break
7:00-?: Optional evening activities, to be announced
Day 3: Friday
8:00-9:00 a.m.: Abracabreakfast! Meet friends for breakfast.
9:00-12:00: Conference events and programming
12:00-1:15: Lunch break
1:15-4:30: Conference events and programming
4:30-10:00: Optional evening activities, to be announced
Day 4: Saturday
9:00-10:00: Abracabreakfast! Meet friends for breakfast.
10:00-12:30: Conference events and programming
12:30-1:30: Lunch break
1:30-4:15: Conference events and programming
4:15: Closing, early dinner with friends, and safe travels!