What To Bring
We want you to be comfortable during your time with us! We know that packing for this kind of experience can be a bit complicated, so this page is designed to help you pack and prepare effectively.
- A few days before your trip, check the weather forecast and pack the proper clothes for the season. You want to dress comfortably for class, but also bring something nice you can wear to a show.
- If you paid the minimum deposit to reserve your space, bring the balance of your tuition to the first full day of class.
- If you are performing or showing a performance video, bring everything you need to the first full day of class. This includes such things as your props, music, costume, and video - should your require such things. Please be very attentive to this when you are packing: be sure to have all your props, and your video and music in at least two formats. (You will be able to store performance-related things at the House of Mystery.) For Master Classes, on the first full day we will start right in on "works-in-progress," so please be prepared to "go" if asked.
- Bring good pens and be prepared to take notes. We will supply the binder and paper.
- Money for meals. We will provide snacks during the sessions, but you'll be on your own for lunch and dinner. There are many restaurants in all price ranges and serving all types of cuisine within a 10-minute drive of The School.
- Money for magic and other souvenirs. Our classes are NOT about driving sales; they are NOT "dealer-demos." However, we have learned that students enjoy purchasing magic and other souvenirs from the Faculty, so we reserve an hour on the last day for such sales.
- Souvenirs for autographs. If you've got a magazine or book you'd like signed by one of our Faculty, bring it with you!